Mysore Coorg Chikmagalur Tour Package
Mysore Coorg Chikmagalur Tour Package (5N/6D)
Day 01: Bangalore to Mysore.
Upon arrival our BMC HOLIDAYS driver meets and greets you at Bangalore Airport, Railway station or any other location in Bangalore.
Drive to Mysore via
- Srirangapatna the river island formed by River Kaveri: Ranganathaswamy temple the Adi ranga and srirangam being the antya ranga.
- Ganjam a typical local village known for rose flower production and yammy gulkand made out of it. Also you can visit the 400 years old Sri Nimishamba temple, Main Deity is Sri Nimishamba Devi along with Sri Chakra carved out of Black stone on the banks of the river ghat.
- Tipu sultan summer Palace via Ganjam:with mural paintings still in good shape, and a Royal Garden.
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary (Optional):is the largest bird sanctuary in Karnataka, on the banks of the Kaveri river. Around 169 excotic birds can be seen here. Of these, the painted stork, Asian openbill stork, common spoonbill, woolly-necked stork, black-headed ibis, lesser whistling duck, Indian shag, stork-billed kingfisher, egret, cormorant, Oriental darter, and heron The great stone plover, river tern, large flock of streak-throated swallows.
- Amba Vilas palace (Mysore Palace): The official residence of Wodeyars. this palace is the most visited tourist spot in India second only to Taj Mahal. Amba Villas aka Mysore palace is cutting edge masterpiece of building technology, mural paintings, Painting by Raja Ravi Varma, Sandalwood carvings, Thanjavur paintings, Ivory Carvings, Antique pieces, Durbar Hall. Mysore Palace light illumination are on Sundays and all public holidays in evening. Sound and light programs are arranged on all days between 7 and 7:45, except on Sundays and public holidays.
- Inside premises of Mysore palace, there are 12 temples namely, Someshvara Temple, Lakshmi Ramana Temple, Shwetha Varahaswamy Temple, Sri Prasanna krishna Swami Temple, Sri Bhuvaneshwari Temple, Kodi Someshwara Swamy Temple, Sri Gayatri Temple, Sri Trineshwara temple and others. some are built in 14th Century. The Anthapura another Building beside Mysore palace houses the exclusive collections of Costumes and dress materials of the yesteryears kings and queens, this was built some 600 years ago.
- Mysore zoo:officially the Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Garden houses over 168 species and spread over 157 acre and its near to Mysore palace.
- Sand Museum: One of the rare sand art museum. Entry Fees Rs 40. Per Person.
- Sri Chamundeshwari temple: As per Adi Guru Shri Shankaracharya’s Astadasa Shakti peeta Stotram, Chamundi hills is one of the Astadasa Shakti peeta. one of the seven most sacred hills in South India. This place aka Krauncha Pitham in Skanda Purana this place referred as Krauncha Puri.
- Sri Mahabaleshwara temple: Originally built in 8th Century Dedicated to lord Sri Shiva, winsome architecture of Hoysala, Ganga, Chola, Vijayanagar and other kings.
- Mahishasura statue the Statue of Demon by which the current name of Mysore is derived.
- Nandi statue big bull: Third largest monolithic statue of Nandi in India carved out of Single black granite. Also panoramic view of Mysore City, Mysore palace, lalitha mahal palace.
- KRS dam (Brindavan Garden) : Krishna Raja Sagara is the main source of water for both irrigation and drinking water in Mysore, Mandya and most part of the Bangalore City. Construction started in 1924 the Ruler of Mysore Kingdom Shri Krishnaraja wodeyar IV and The Chief Engineer and also Diwan of Mysore Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, together built the Asia’s biggest dam then. September 15th the Birthday of Bharat Ratna Sir M. Visvesvaraya is rightly Celebrated as Engineer’s Day. Brindavan garden lights up in evening light and music fountain garden.
Drive to hotel for overnight stay in Mysuru.
Day 02: Mysore to Coorg.
After breakfast by 9am, check out from the hotel and drive to Coorg via Hunsur, Kushalnagar on the way visiting popular sightseeing places.
- Bylakuppe Golden Temple: Namdroling Monastery well known as golden temple, the little Tibet of India.
- Sera Jey Monastery:Peaceful and little known Monastery afterNamdroling Monastery.
- Kaveri nisargadhama: is river island formed by River Kaveri, you get true deep jungle experience with safety, boating in the river Kaveri, Deer park, Rabbit park,and Elephant ride is possible here. Zipline at additional cost is available here. Kaveri nisargadhama some activities may not be available during some season, Entry to River is not possible in rainy season. Entry fees Rs 10 per adult.
- Dubare Reserve Forest & Elephant Camp: is the base camp of Dasara Elephants, boating and whitewater rafting is possible here and prices additional depends on the rafting level you choose. a 7 kilometers thrilling white water Rafting Rs 700 per person. still water rafting Rs 200 per person.
- Harangi Dam: The Harangi Dam is located near Hudgur village, Somwarpet taluk in Kodagu district in the Indian state of Karnataka. The masonry dam is built across the river Harangi, a tributary of the Kaveri. The dam is located about 9 km away from the heart of Kushalnagar town.
- Chikliholi Dam: The dam/reservoiris very scenic. If you are into natural beauty, visit this place. it is beautiful and peaceful, and best of all, not crowded and clean
By evening drive back to hotel for overnight stay in Coorg.
Day 03: Coorg Must see places.
After breakfast by 9 am drive to Coorg sightseeing:
- Abbey waterfalls soft trek in middle of coffee estate Leeds to this winsome waterfall. this is inside a private property.
- Mandalpatti Misty, Windy, Scenic place reachable only by 4WD, additional jeep charges (Optional).
- Coffee and Spices Plantation Visit: Coorg grows 40 percent of India’s coffee, coffee estates first emerged in the mid-19th century and the local economy relies heavily on it. The majority of the uninhabited lad is cultivated coffee farms., Coorg is also known for its organic farming ad organic products. Signature spices like Pepper, Elaichi, Cardamom, Cumin, Mint, Oregano, Sage, Bay Leaves, Thyme, Garlic and Rosemary is found here in bulk. Coorg is also famous for dry fruits like cashews, Raisins and Figs.
- Raja Gaddige an enchanting park, the tomb of the Raja of Gaddige is a historical structure. Built in the Indo-Saracenic style.
- Bhagamandala Triveni Sangama a temple town at three rivers confluence namely Cauvery and its tributaries Kannike and sujyothi. Visit to Sri Bhagandeshwara temple also known as Bhagandeshwara Kshetra is a famous Shiva temple.
- Tal Cauvery the river Kaveri originates from here, Sri Agastheeswarar temple, Sri Vishnu Temple and very scenic place, panoramic view of Greater Tal Cauvery National Park (entry restricted).
- Raja seat at the heart of Coorg town panoramic view sahyadri mountain range, toy Train, beautiful garden.
- Madikeri fort and Palace: Built in 17th century, the Madikeri Fort was restructured. Muddu Raja built the fort initially, the king also built a palace inside the fort aka Jaffarabad was built using European architecture. It portrays the rich cultural heritage of the Kodagu region.old fort and the palace is now used as Govt offices. (Entry is Free of cost)
- Omkareshwara temple famous Shiva Temple in Coorg, The idol has its origins in Kashi /Varanasi.
Drive back to hotel and overnight stay in the Coorg.
Day 04: Coorg to Chikmagalur
After breakfast in hotel before 9am check out and drive to Chikmagalur sightseeing.
- Dodda Gadavanahalli Sri Lakhsmi Temple: The beautiful Lakshmi Devi Temple, Doddagaddavalliis situated near Hassan, Karnataka, adjacent to a serene lake and is one of the oldest surviving Hoysala temples, having been completed in 1113 CE during the reign of King Vishnuvardhana. It is another hidden gem about which not much is known. It is a live temple i.e. daily puja is performed in the temple, and it is under the protection of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- Belur: Belur is a town and taluk in Hassan district in the state of Karnataka, India. The town is renowned for its Chennakeshava Temple dedicated to Vishnu, one of the finest examples of Hoysala architecture and the largest Hindu temple complex that has survived from pre-14th-century Karnata-Dravida tradition.
- Halebid: Halebidu is a town located in Hassan District, Karnataka, India. Historically known as Dwarasamudra, Halebidu became the regal capital of the Hoysala Empire in the 11th century CE.
- Chikmagalur Statue.
Reach Chikmagalur. check in to the Hotel and overnight stay in Chikmagalur.
Day 05: Chikmagalur sightseeing.
After breakfast in hotel before 9am check out and drive to Chikmagalur sightseeing.
- Bababudan giri Datta peeta and dargah: Baba Budangiri, also known as Chandradrona, is a hill and mountain range in the Western Ghats of India, located in the Chikkamagaluru district of Karnataka. The main peaks in this range are the eponymous Baba Budangiri, Mullayanagiri and others. Mullayanagiri is the highest peak in the range.
- Mullayanagiri: Mullayanagiri is the highest peak of Karnataka state located in Bababudangiri range. Kalhatti waterfalls: Kalhatti Falls or Kalhattigiri Falls is a waterfall on the headwaters of the river, located at Kallathigiri, Tarikere Taluk in Chikmagalur district of Karnataka. The waterfall is 10 kilometers away from Kemmangundi hill station.
- Kalhatti waterfalls: Kalhatti Falls or Kalhattigiri Falls is a waterfall on the headwaters of the river, located at Kallathigiri, Tarikere Taluk in Chikmagalur district of Karnataka. The waterfall is 10 kilometers away from Kemmangundi hill station.
- Kemmanagundi: At height of 1434 meters ASL. Green gardens, Western ghats mountain ranges and valleys.
- Hebbe waterfalls: Hebbe Falls is situated at 13°32′29″N 75°43′30″E about 10 km away from the famous hill station Kemmangundi in Karnataka, India. This waterfall is inside a coffee estate and can be reached either by walk or four-wheeler.
Drive back to hotel for overnight stay at Chikmagalur.
Day 06: Chikmagalur to back home.
After breakfast check out from hotel and drive back to Bangalore/Mangalore., Back to Bangalore and drop to your desire location and the tour concludes with happy memories.
If time permits left out sightseeing will be covered.
- Accommodation with breakfast in all destination.
- Private Vehicle for entire tour.
- Except on the arrival day Breakfast in Hotels/Resort.
- Fuel charges, toll parking fees.
- Driver allowance. Hindi / English Manageable Driver.
- Sightseeing as per Itinerary and ground transfer.
- Tour manager one point contact from start to finish.
- Cab at disposal but not beyond itinerary
- Air, Bus, Train tickets from and to your place.
- Personal expenses: River rafting.
- Laundry, Booze, Phone bills, Shopping etc.
- Entry fees at monuments, wherever applicable.
- Speed boating, pedal boating, row boating, canoeing.
- Interstate vehicle permit if applicable.
- Mineral water bottle. Any Item which is not mentioned in Inclusion section.
- Vehicle will be at your disposal from 7:30am to 10pm., if you use the vehicle service before 7:30am or after 10pm additional driver allowance of rs.350 will be charged.